Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Where is all the real news?

I am in search of good things that are happening around our country. I am tired of listening to the same old news over and over again. Who cares if an entertainer in LaLa Land showed up at a court hearing. I could care less about Brad dating Angelina or how many kids they have now. I want the real news.

Yes, I will agree that following the political races are news worthy, but do we have to spend every waking hour following them around to catch a slip-up? It seems more and more that we are a country that is devoted to the negative side of the news and I am tired of reading all the horrific stories. Where are all the good stories?

There was an article in the Fort Drum Blizzard about Bob Williams. Here is a man that does all that he can to support our troups and let them know that he is supporting them. Mr. Williams goes out and gets donations to send thousands of pounds worth of supplies to our troops. He doesn't just drive around in his car with magnets plastered to his car to show his patriotism, he is doing something. Many of us say that we support a cause and give a couple of bucks once in a while to a non-profit orginization, but are we really making a difference? Do the majority do all that we can to really improve our neighborhood, our city, our country? I don't think that we do and I don't think the entertainment industry nor the media outlets are doing much of anything to promote those who are doing something.

My goal is promote people around this country who are making a difference, who are making things happen.

You can read the article on Bob Williams at: http://www.drum.army.mil/sites/postnews/blizzard/blizzard_online/news.asp?id=4

No comments: